/u/injusticehasbeendone on I don’t like these ads. They make me question if I’m supposed to want sex. Like I don’t, but is it just because I need some drug? Is it for people who like it but just don’t feel like it anymore? This sub has really helped me feel ok about not liking sex, but I guess society still disagrees 🤷🏼‍♀️

Hypoactive sexual disorder is a real thing. But as the ad said it's only if you are "struggling with your desire". The requirement of your low sex drive causing distress has to be met in order to be diagnosed with it.

As an ace, I assume that you are fine with not wanting sex. So you are good.

But I do agree there is totally a push to manufacture a larger market for these drugs than exist currently. Mostly aimed at convincing allo people that a decline with age in sexdrive or ability to have sex is abnormal and possibly bad because sex is fun. Rather than an evolved process to make sure most babies are born during prime dna mixing ages. Causing the distress required for diagnosis.





July 16, 2019 at 12:14AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.