How to transition into hanging outside of work with a guy I like?

I (F, 20) work as a camp counselor and I like the guy (M, 22) who is subbing in as my co-counselor. We talk sometimes and he's really nice and we have common interests but he's just generally so sweet.

My problem is that I've always had issues hanging out with people outside of work or school, even just as friends; I get nervous about the change in dynamic between a group setting and being one-on-one. (Probably relevant-- I have anxiety adhd and depression). I'm getting anxious bc I don't know how long he's gonna be subbing and even if he's here for the rest of the time we're working, it's not that long and I'm already starting to like him a lot (which is a problem in and of itself but thats another issue).

So, basically I need help figuring out how to gauge his interest, and initiate something to hang out with him outside of work. I really like him, please give me some good advice.



Submitted July 24, 2019 at 11:43PM

I (F, 20) work as a camp counselor and I like the guy (M, 22) who is subbing in as my co-counselor. We talk sometimes and he's really nice and we have common interests but he's just generally so sweet.My problem is that I've always had issues hanging out with people outside of work or school, even just as friends; I get nervous about the change in dynamic between a group setting and being one-on-one. (Probably relevant-- I have anxiety adhd and depression). I'm getting anxious bc I don't know how long he's gonna be subbing and even if he's here for the rest of the time we're working, it's not that long and I'm already starting to like him a lot (which is a problem in and of itself but thats another issue).So, basically I need help figuring out how to gauge his interest, and initiate something to hang out with him outside of work. I really like him, please give me some good advice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.