/u/uncle_SAM98 on Yall ever fuck around and doubt yourself?

I get this a lot. I used to do this a lot more than I do now. Being closeted and if I'm being honest, a little bit self-loathing about being ace really triggered my impostor syndrome. I used to look at people all the time and wonder if I could ever possibly feel sexual attraction for them, wonder if my aesthetic or sensual attraction was sexual, just doubt after doubt. Being out to no one made it a little worse bc it felt like I could still "back out" of being ace if I ever started to feel sexual attraction. I'm not ready to fully come out, but confiding my sexuality to people I felt safe with helped, and confronting my internalized aphobia, so to speak, helped, and therapy (with a therapist who was trained in LGBT+ sensitivity) helped. I didn't go to the therapist for this but for something else, but we ended up talking about my asexuality and my impostor syndrome a lot. Just basically realizing that I wasn't totally okay with being ace right off the bat and understanding that it would take time to feel alright about it, and accepting that being ace is okay helped me. Some people are okay with it right off the bat and don't question themselves, but there are plenty of people who do. It's normal.





June 17, 2019 at 12:10AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.