/u/spunsheep on For an EPQ project about the impact of a highly normative society on those who don’t fit the norm did you:

I grew up religious, so by the time that I feel like most people here would have hit the "I'm broken" phase (i.e. middle/high school) I was just like "Oh, that's not a temptation that I have (though I know others have it)". I still considered myself straight though, because I knew "I wasn't gay, so I must be straight" (no homophobic reason related to religious upbringing, I just knew I didn't have that attraction). As I learned about other sexualities online in late high school, that's where I started putting together the pieces that I was actually ace and started calling myself as such.

It's interesting looking back because I have quite a few memories that are me being very ace/aro, but not knowing it because I didn't know those where things yet.(Friends: "Who do you have a crush on?" Me: "No one..." <-- it truly was no one, despite everyone thinking I was just too shy to share 🙄)





September 25, 2022 at 01:27AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.