Too late to ask her out ?

Hi

19M student in my Uni 2nd year.

I met a girl by coincidence in train during technical incident (it was stopped for 10 min, have 20 min train ride to go to Uni).
We get along well and started to align our boarding time and sit together and discuss during our trip.

After a while we started meet over the week-end for lunch or dinner...

She invited me to her birthday, which was only 6 other people.

I started to think about asking her out... but two fact jumped in my head as "red flags":

  • she mentioned, her bf dumped her last year, but she still thinks about him.
  • one day in train, I saw her waving at someone, the person come over... and to my surprise it was one of my teammate from basketball team... and we're all kind of surprise of the connection...
    • she admitted he was her ex, but downplay by saying it was "not serious" and that he just had fun with her and dumped her.
      • in my head was like "WTF you mean by not serious ? ... anyway

She also came to my home (still live with my parents) to chit-chat before we went out...

and my mother came back much earlier than expected.... and they both started to discuss together, discovering their common interest in chakras...
My head was starting to overthink : shit what if my mom ask her since when are we dating ? that would sound so awkward...

I think the noticed I was tensed, because when in her car later, she asked me if I was "feeling OK"...

Now I think it is clear for me I like this girl.

But now it has been 7 months since I know her, and I would think it is strange/awkward to ask out a girl so late...

Wonder if could get an advice... especially from girl perspective.

What do you think ?



Submitted September 25, 2022 at 01:11AM

Hi19M student in my Uni 2nd year.I met a girl by coincidence in train during technical incident (it was stopped for 10 min, have 20 min train ride to go to Uni).We get along well and started to align our boarding time and sit together and discuss during our trip.After a while we started meet over the week-end for lunch or dinner...She invited me to her birthday, which was only 6 other people.I started to think about asking her out... but two fact jumped in my head as "red flags":she mentioned, her bf dumped her last year, but she still thinks about him.one day in train, I saw her waving at someone, the person come over... and to my surprise it was one of my teammate from basketball team... and we're all kind of surprise of the connection...she admitted he was her ex, but downplay by saying it was "not serious" and that he just had fun with her and dumped her.in my head was like "WTF you mean by not serious ? ... anywayShe also came to my home (still live with my parents) to chit-chat before we went out...and my mother came back much earlier than expected.... and they both started to discuss together, discovering their common interest in chakras...My head was starting to overthink : shit what if my mom ask her since when are we dating ? that would sound so awkward...I think the noticed I was tensed, because when in her car later, she asked me if I was "feeling OK"...Now I think it is clear for me I like this girl.But now it has been 7 months since I know her, and I would think it is strange/awkward to ask out a girl so late...Wonder if could get an advice... especially from girl perspective.What do you think ?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.