/u/Meghanshadow on Can we not shame people for having sex please?

I do think so, yes. Especially in regards to expecting Me to participate or observe or discuss other people’s sex lives or present/future/past sexual experiences.

But I’m not gonna think or imply the people Themselves who want to/like to/choose to have sex are icky. I’m well aware my views on sex are atypical.

It’s a fine line.

People want a particular forum or real life place to be sex positive or sex negative? Neither fits me.

I’d rather it be sex never mentioned and not a factor in any discussion that didn’t deliberately start out being about sex, but people seem to view that as sex negative.

I’ve been told to my face that me not wanting to be hit on by strangers when minding my own business on a bus or at work is also sex negative. Uh, no. That’s called a personal boundary and also self preservation.

Mostly I just wander off in person or virtually when a discussion about that new barbeque place or somebody’s trip to the Grand Canyon turns into speculation or confirmation of who’s doing what with whom TMI.





May 27, 2022 at 12:11AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.