How do I initiate getting to know a coworker better?

I started a tech internship a few weeks ago, and it’s basically my first experience in my field and I’m the only girl in the office. It’s been really overwhelming and intimidating, but there’s one guy in the office who I really got along with and has been my go to person to ask for help and he’s been more than willing to every single time.

We haven’t talked outside of work yet, but I shadowed him and we got to talking about how we both like producing music, our desire to travel, our general values in life we agreed on, etc. and he just seemed really cool. I can’t say I I like him yet, because I obviously don’t know him well, but I am definitely attracted to him and just wanna get to know him better first. I’m really inexperienced with this kind of stuff, so I’m not sure what I should do and I’m scared of making things awkward if he just doesn’t even want to give me the time of day.

I met him because I shadowed him a day, and my boss basically confirmed that he’s moving on to pairing me with other people and we won’t really have an opportunity to talk at work for an extended period of time again. What should I do?



Submitted May 18, 2022 at 12:13AM

I started a tech internship a few weeks ago, and it’s basically my first experience in my field and I’m the only girl in the office. It’s been really overwhelming and intimidating, but there’s one guy in the office who I really got along with and has been my go to person to ask for help and he’s been more than willing to every single time.We haven’t talked outside of work yet, but I shadowed him and we got to talking about how we both like producing music, our desire to travel, our general values in life we agreed on, etc. and he just seemed really cool. I can’t say I I like him yet, because I obviously don’t know him well, but I am definitely attracted to him and just wanna get to know him better first. I’m really inexperienced with this kind of stuff, so I’m not sure what I should do and I’m scared of making things awkward if he just doesn’t even want to give me the time of day.I met him because I shadowed him a day, and my boss basically confirmed that he’s moving on to pairing me with other people and we won’t really have an opportunity to talk at work for an extended period of time again. What should I do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.