Not sure if I should pursue my crush or leave it be.

Tl;dr we’ve known each other since elementary school, and have been hanging out every week/other week recently, but live on opposite sides of the country. I don’t think I should tell him how I feel because logistics are an issue. What do folks here think?

Some details:

I (26F) am interested in this guy (27M), and have a feeling the sentiment is reciprocated. He’s the first man I’ve liked in my adult life (great personality, fun to hang out with, can talk about a ton of topics, etc.) and this is the first time I’ve ever been physically attracted to someone too.

As much as I like him and he says he would love for a girl to ask him out, I can’t bring myself to communicate my feelings to him/ask him out because we live in different parts of the country (he’s in my home city, I’m elsewhere). I’m trying to change jobs now, but I’m not sure how long relocation will take.

I also really don’t wish to cause any stress/discomfort to him in the off chance he doesn’t feel the same way, plus if he did, neither of us can do anything about it since it’s be long distance. What do folks here think?



Submitted February 21, 2022 at 12:07AM

Tl;dr we’ve known each other since elementary school, and have been hanging out every week/other week recently, but live on opposite sides of the country. I don’t think I should tell him how I feel because logistics are an issue. What do folks here think?Some details:I (26F) am interested in this guy (27M), and have a feeling the sentiment is reciprocated. He’s the first man I’ve liked in my adult life (great personality, fun to hang out with, can talk about a ton of topics, etc.) and this is the first time I’ve ever been physically attracted to someone too.As much as I like him and he says he would love for a girl to ask him out, I can’t bring myself to communicate my feelings to him/ask him out because we live in different parts of the country (he’s in my home city, I’m elsewhere). I’m trying to change jobs now, but I’m not sure how long relocation will take.I also really don’t wish to cause any stress/discomfort to him in the off chance he doesn’t feel the same way, plus if he did, neither of us can do anything about it since it’s be long distance. What do folks here think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.