Crushing on a coworker, talk me off the ledge

A coworker from a past company recently joined the company I’m currently at. We didn’t keep in touch and weren’t close previously, and initially I caught up with them over lunch mostly for the sake of increasing my network.

I’m not sure if it was just the sense of familiarity that sparked the infatuation, but we had a fun conversation and I left feeling giddy.

I suggested we do a catch-up regularly over lunch, but I don’t want to go into building this connection with a romantic motive clouded by said crush/infatuation. Especially not with the potential ramifications of office drama if things get awkward, even if our functions don’t work together now. I’ve seen too many coworkers crash and burn from mixing personal.

Mostly venting, I’ll probably not reach out for a bit to let the crush feelings hopefully cool off as life goes on.

I guess my question is mostly, did giving it time help a work crush cool off?



Submitted November 25, 2021 at 04:49AM

A coworker from a past company recently joined the company I’m currently at. We didn’t keep in touch and weren’t close previously, and initially I caught up with them over lunch mostly for the sake of increasing my network.I’m not sure if it was just the sense of familiarity that sparked the infatuation, but we had a fun conversation and I left feeling giddy.I suggested we do a catch-up regularly over lunch, but I don’t want to go into building this connection with a romantic motive clouded by said crush/infatuation. Especially not with the potential ramifications of office drama if things get awkward, even if our functions don’t work together now. I’ve seen too many coworkers crash and burn from mixing personal.Mostly venting, I’ll probably not reach out for a bit to let the crush feelings hopefully cool off as life goes on.I guess my question is mostly, did giving it time help a work crush cool off?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.