Is it okay to avoid texting when you are starting to date someone?

I (M21) personally don't like texting, I genuinely prefer to have a face to face conversation but nowadays dating culture without texting is impossible.

I started flirting with this girl (18F) a month ago, I took my time and I can say that I made her like me. We talk every time I see her whenever we have some spare time between classes. I only see her twice a week (we share one class).

Last week I asked her on a date and I gave her my number to fully arrange the date (location, time, etc), she waited like two days to send me a message and now that she did I am hesitant to answer it right away, because I don't want to engage in a texting conversation since I feel that if I do, then when we go on that date I won't have any topics to talk about with her.

Obviously I'll answer her. Any advice on how to avoid running out of topics and how to navigate this issue will be appreciated.



Submitted October 26, 2021 at 12:05AM

I (M21) personally don't like texting, I genuinely prefer to have a face to face conversation but nowadays dating culture without texting is impossible.I started flirting with this girl (18F) a month ago, I took my time and I can say that I made her like me. We talk every time I see her whenever we have some spare time between classes. I only see her twice a week (we share one class).Last week I asked her on a date and I gave her my number to fully arrange the date (location, time, etc), she waited like two days to send me a message and now that she did I am hesitant to answer it right away, because I don't want to engage in a texting conversation since I feel that if I do, then when we go on that date I won't have any topics to talk about with her.Obviously I'll answer her. Any advice on how to avoid running out of topics and how to navigate this issue will be appreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.