I (21M) am struggling. Need help & advice

I'm happy with my life I'm just sick of being lonely. I have a dream job as my first job, I stay healthy, but I've never dated before, I tried Tinder when I started uni 2 years ago and didn't get a single conversation from it.

The only recent girl I've texted says she doesn't want a relationship and doesn't want to end up hating herself and me for being Friends with benefits? (It's most likely a trust issues thing). But it's frustrating to hear cause she's says I'm a cool person even though we hardly know each other.

I would give up on wanting a relationship or fwb, if it weren't for my active imagination at night wishing I had some company with me. I don't know many party throwers and clubbing isn't really an option at the moment.

With my lack of dating experience I don't know if people find me attractive or not. I don't care of the opinion, I think I look good. Would just like to know my odds. On top of this, hearing women won't be bothered by a guy she's attracted to dming her but will be annoyed otherwise sets an uncertainty in me + my shyness stops me from "shooting my shot".

Even if I were to crack and message a girl I don't know what to talk about in the first place and it just seems too random to ask em out to grab a drink.

My friend suggests I get on dating apps again with up to date photos but I don't like the idea of staging photos for the sake of attracting someone + apps are way harder for men in general and I don't find myself particular interesting.

On top of that my roommate gets around cause he knows a lot of people and has a fwb but I feel sleazy and pathetic to even ask him if he could introduce me to anyone.

How the frick do I go about starting in the dating world? This is the only thing in life I'm pathetically bad and indecsive at. Any advice is appreciated



Submitted October 26, 2021 at 12:12AM

I'm happy with my life I'm just sick of being lonely. I have a dream job as my first job, I stay healthy, but I've never dated before, I tried Tinder when I started uni 2 years ago and didn't get a single conversation from it.The only recent girl I've texted says she doesn't want a relationship and doesn't want to end up hating herself and me for being Friends with benefits? (It's most likely a trust issues thing). But it's frustrating to hear cause she's says I'm a cool person even though we hardly know each other.I would give up on wanting a relationship or fwb, if it weren't for my active imagination at night wishing I had some company with me. I don't know many party throwers and clubbing isn't really an option at the moment.With my lack of dating experience I don't know if people find me attractive or not. I don't care of the opinion, I think I look good. Would just like to know my odds. On top of this, hearing women won't be bothered by a guy she's attracted to dming her but will be annoyed otherwise sets an uncertainty in me + my shyness stops me from "shooting my shot".Even if I were to crack and message a girl I don't know what to talk about in the first place and it just seems too random to ask em out to grab a drink.My friend suggests I get on dating apps again with up to date photos but I don't like the idea of staging photos for the sake of attracting someone + apps are way harder for men in general and I don't find myself particular interesting.On top of that my roommate gets around cause he knows a lot of people and has a fwb but I feel sleazy and pathetic to even ask him if he could introduce me to anyone.How the frick do I go about starting in the dating world? This is the only thing in life I'm pathetically bad and indecsive at. Any advice is appreciated

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.