Am I Reading into My Ex's Words too much?

My ex and I ended our relationship because of his health (he decided he needs to focus on himself and doesn't want to bring me along for his healing journey). However, we had the healthiest and most incredible relationship before we broke up. We both wanted to be together forever and we still miss each other a lot.

My ex is always there for me and I know we both still love each other. I recently told him that it saddens me that I lean on him more than he leans on me, and that I feel like he is indifferent to me to which he replied that he knows how much his decision has hurt me, and that he doesn't want to hurt me any more by doing anything that could be bothersome to me. So he told me that he'll wait till I tell him I'm totally fine before we start reengaging with each other more regularly.

Part of me thinks that he's saying that he just wants to make sure i'm over him before he talks to me because he doesn't want to deal with my emotions but the other part of me believes that he's genuinely looking out for me by not wanting to hurt me.

So do I have tunnel vision or does his lack of not reaching out to me mean that he doesn't care?



Submitted October 19, 2021 at 12:03AM

My ex and I ended our relationship because of his health (he decided he needs to focus on himself and doesn't want to bring me along for his healing journey). However, we had the healthiest and most incredible relationship before we broke up. We both wanted to be together forever and we still miss each other a lot.My ex is always there for me and I know we both still love each other. I recently told him that it saddens me that I lean on him more than he leans on me, and that I feel like he is indifferent to me to which he replied that he knows how much his decision has hurt me, and that he doesn't want to hurt me any more by doing anything that could be bothersome to me. So he told me that he'll wait till I tell him I'm totally fine before we start reengaging with each other more regularly.Part of me thinks that he's saying that he just wants to make sure i'm over him before he talks to me because he doesn't want to deal with my emotions but the other part of me believes that he's genuinely looking out for me by not wanting to hurt me.So do I have tunnel vision or does his lack of not reaching out to me mean that he doesn't care?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.