/u/RedVamp2020 on Do you feel like asexuality is sort of detached from the rest of the LGBT community

I think that we end up ignored or forgotten because we seem normal, quiet, and just want to mind our own business that people just forget. Also, we are one of the few parts of the community that actually have straight cis gender people as a part of the umbrella, so I see a lot of hatred coming from the community about that because of the focus on homosexuality and gender divergence. You can be a straight cisgender person and be Ace, which to a lot of the community feels like (from what I’ve seen) a white person who has maybe 1/100th of a black gene saying they’re black (poor example, but I think it gets the point across.) the black community is more likely to reject that person because they may have experienced white privilege, experienced less hardship, and lack the dark skin color, even though they have proof that there is a small amount that does belong to the community. We oftentimes don’t see discrimination at our work places or run the risk of homelessness or even the risk of being discriminated against by the people we love to the degree that most of the community, especially the LGT groups, has experienced. We especially don’t see nearly as much discrimination as the trans and gay (mlm) groups through the healthcare system, which has been harsher to those two groups and left members to literally die because the EMTs don’t believe in trans rights or think they are going to get gay cooties and go to hell for helping a gay man, or even told that they are needing to be incarcerated or institutionalized because they are ‘sick in the head’. We do have our own set of challenges, but when people start banging the my trauma is worse than your trauma, nobody wins.





September 17, 2021 at 02:51AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.