/u/Asch_Nighthawk on Hi asexuals, I need help writing an asexual character

When I was working at a summer camp when I was 18, I guess me "flirting" with other staff members was a point of concern at one of the director's meetings. I was just being friendly with people. I have never flirted with anyone in my life. I basically treat guys the same as I do girls. If they think that's flirting, that's clearly their problem. Thankfully, one of the director's knew me personally (she was my brother's girlfriend) and came to my defence by basically saying "Flirting? You do know who you're talking about, right? Someone who has never dated anyone or even kissed anyone and doesn't want to?" She told me about this meeting after the fact.

Fast forward to the next year, and I had the reverse problem. There was a guy flirting with me. Now, I am usually completely oblivious to people flirting with me, so understand you have to be really really obvious about it for me to even realize that's what going on. In fact, in 23 years, this guy is only one of two instances I'm aware of that people were flirting, and I have a suspicion that there have been many more that I just completely missed 😅. I really don't like upsetting people and am generally very friendly and I was uncomfortable confronting this guy about how it was making me uncomfortable. So... It actually led to me having a complete breakdown and going in tears to get advice from the camp director because I had absolutely no freaking clue what to do or how to react to someone flirting with me.





July 14, 2021 at 11:13PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.