/u/beanwithintentions on I love my BF, but I think he’s too horny all the time to understand Asexuals :(

as someone who was in a relationship with a hypersexual allo, i can speak from experience.

so when i told him im ace, he said it was fine and that it didnt change anything. in fact, he said the relationship would be better that way. he also said (in a completely inoffensive way) i might “grow out of it”, but if i wouldnt it would be fine. i told him i dont know if i will but i kinda hope i do. i think i also told him something about how at my age (16) i would know whether or not i would grow out of it because during the teen years people tend to be at their highest points of their sex drives. he could have just been talking about how my anxiety disorders greatly impact relationships and that ive said that my ocd could contribute to me being ace (im a germophobe with severe ocd). so if thats what he was talking about its a completely different situation. anyway, my point is, if he was talking purely about asexuality and not the fact that the ocd may cause it, then that was just like this. allos just dont understand.

let me put it this way. yknow how a lot of us dont understand sexual attraction/sexual desires until they are thoroughly explained to us? now flip it. most allos cant comprehend the thought of love without sexual attraction, the same way a lot of us cant comprehend the thought of love with sexual attraction. personally, if i were you, i would just let the relationship play out however it plays out. i think if sexual activity was that important to him then he probably wouldnt be with you. it seems like he loves you, but maybe just doesnt quite fully understand asexuality yet.

sorry if any of this is worded weirdly, im tired and very distracted lmao





June 25, 2021 at 11:47PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.