/u/AnnoyingHoneyBunny on It do be like that (also Does anybody know some good anime

I haven't been keeping up with anime that much since I've been just too busy lately, so I don't actually know of much newer series. Still, I thought I might share some anime I like.
"Owari no Seraph" - one of my favorites, which I am currently re-watching. It's about a post-apocalyptic world where humans fight with vampires for their freedom after humanity has been largely destroyed by a virus. The story largely focuses on two boys from one orphanage. I cried a lot while watching it.
"Sakasama no Patema" - a movie about Patema, a princess of an underground world, who one day discovers a way to the outside world.
"Madoka Magica" - this one is a classic. It's a story about the dark side of being a magical girl. Just in case you haven't watched it, I highly recommend it (as long as you enjoy horror/psychological thrillers).
"Kaiba" - this one is... Really strange. It's definitely not for everyone, but personally, I really love it. "Kaiba" is set in a world where people are able to change bodies as they please. The art, animation, and sound design are all stunning, in my opinion, which is what drew me to that anime in the first place. I would categorize it as 18+ mainly cause there are some sex scenes and death scenes plus just heavy themes in general. Watching it for the first time felt super strange since the world it was set in was super confusing. The second time I watched it I truly fell in love with it because I could see the story, tho maybe I was just able to find it based on my own experiences. I'll stop here so I won't write a whole essay on why I like this strange anime.
Studio Ghibli reccomendations:
"Nausicaä of the valley of the wind"
"Ponyo"
"Laputa Castle in the Sky"
"The Secret World of Arrietty"
"My Neighbor Totoro"
"Howl's Moving Castle"
"Spirited Away"





June 26, 2021 at 12:04AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.