/u/Lionoras on Is it just me or are discussions of Pride celebrations extremely aphobic this year?

It's the problem of "sexual positivity" while it should actually be "sexual neutrality".

I think people made the mental gymnastics of "being f.ex. gay/bi" is okay -> "gay/bi sex is okay" -> open display of sex stuff

There's nothing wrong with sex, or constentual kinks. However, forcing it onto people is shit. But because it's pride day, sine people can make quick excuses for shit. I once visited a small pride march a few years ago, and there was an example of that. People were really enthusiastic and...I suppose a bit drunk. A woman there approached my friend and me and first happily chitchatted with her. Then she told me that my outfit is cute and asked if she could hug me. I said, no. She tried to do it anyway. I pushed her away and yelled at her. She finally went away, cursing me, saying I was homophobic and that I was ruining people's fun.

I stopped going to parades after that.





May 20, 2021 at 11:43PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.