/u/EirNull on Tell me one way misconceptions about Asexuality (and any of its forms) have hurt you? I'll start:

When I was in college during a lecture, a professor told the class that you should never date an asexual because they could never have feelings for you and would never contribute anything to the relationship. I contemplated suicide the rest of the week.

Last week in therapy, I told my therapist that I was Ace and from thereon out she kept referring to my asexuality as my “life choices.” Yesterday I met with a nurse practitioner and I told him I had never had interest in sex and he swore up and down that it was my meds (even though I have felt this way since childhood, before meds) and that my feelings were just a “side-effect” and nothing more. When I explained it to my mom and tried to tell her that asexuals were valid and sex repulsion was valid, she dismissed it as “just something to think about” and refused to get into it further.





March 10, 2021 at 11:53PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.