/u/trashifiedTrash on I think my ex boyfriend might have been using me for sex. I feel so stupid and gross right now.

Thanks for your help. The biggest surprise I got from this was that couples who break up don't talk any more. I really thought he was just acting strangely and my behavior was normal, but I guess it was the other way around? I actually got pretty worried for him in those first few weeks when we broke up because I thought he was going through stuff. And I guess he was, but not what I thought it would be.

I kind of feel bad now that I realize the break up must have hurt for him. I'll be honest, whenever I see breakups in media, I always thought maybe they were exaggerated for the sake of laughs or sympathy? Or that there was a deeper reason for the hurt, like being cheated on? But the idea that a breakup itself could hurt is news to me. It must sound crazy but that's unfortunately just how I feel. When I broke up with him all I felt was relief that it went well, and happiness that I was living true to myself.

Thank you again! I'm sorry to hear about your own experience but it's nice to hear you two worked it out. It's good you knew what you wanted from the relationship and were able to communicate that, even if it meant ending it.





February 21, 2021 at 11:58PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.