/u/JadedElk on I actually not very good

Sex is often a kind of puritan/moral issue. A lot of people are shamed for having sexual wants and needs -several of the biggest religions consider it a Bad outside of very specifically delineated circumstances. And they tell people to Feel Bad for wanting sex - They punish people (generally women) for having sex. But we're over here, just vibin. It's like if you wanted to punch people in the face, at least once every week. And you felt guilty about it for a while, but accepted that it's a normal, healthy part of your life to want to punch someone in the face every so often. And here comes someone saying "ya, I never feel the need to punch someone in the face. No judgement that you do feel that way, I just don't feel it." even if they're not saying you're bad for wanting to, there's a voice in your head saying punching people is bad. Even if you haven't ever punched someone who didn't agree to it beforehand, (like in a martial arts spar) you feel guilt. This person is making you feel bad. So smth they said must have been bad! >:( -etc etc.

It's not universal, but. Bigotry often comes from a place of insecurity. That doesn't excuse prejudice, but maybe it can help us dismantle the underlying causes (as a society, no individual is responsible for the growth of another, unless you're their guardian or therapist)





February 21, 2021 at 11:47PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.