/u/Lys_ge on I’m confused on how relationships work for Acearos

Through my skimming and my attempts to explain my identity to my friends, I've gathered that bring AroAce is very specific to the individual especially in regards to how they view relationships.

Some AroAces don't have gender preferences, some enter romantic/sexual relationships and others don't enter any relationships including Queerplatonic.

For me my alterous, aesthetic and sensual attraction to men is REALLY strong but for women it's all completely platonic. In a Queerplatonic Relationship I would like to cuddle and fall asleep together. I would not do that with a girl, for me that type of stuff goes past my definition of platonic friendship.

This is why I label myself as a Oriented AroAce because my other attractions that aren't romantic or sexual are stronger for men than women. And I desire to be in a Queerplatonic Relationship with a man. So for me, gender is definitely a factor. This may not be the case for others.

Hope this helps :)





February 16, 2021 at 11:39PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.