/u/throwaway83948967 on Struggling with possible Asexuality

I’m new to asexuality so I can’t help you much but I wanted to at least leave a comment to show I care!

From your post, you do sound asexual but this is something only you can decide. Remember that arousal has nothing to do with being ace. I personally struggle with this. I have a fairly ‘out of control’ libido which I hate. Sometimes I have it strongly, like the last few days, and it really makes me doubt I’m asexual, it sounds like you’re having a similar experience.

You need to carefully consider whether you find actual people sexually attractive (help on the wiki with this) and not be distracted by the absence or presence of libido.

Just the last thing to add is that your label is your choice. If you find asexual a helpful way of explaining yourself at this point, you should use it. But try not to have too much worry about it. You are far more complex than a single word so you need to decide whether asexual is helpful.





December 03, 2020 at 11:59PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.