/u/mentalconstapatience on as I am a god I can confirm that yes I do

This is true. I think women have a pretty important place in the story of Jesus, relative to how they are treated in other stories of the Bible. The story of Jesus definitely wants to establish that everyone can have a place in God's kingdom.

Despite all of this, it's still so bizarre to me that godly women are still treated as minor characters in 90% of the Bible (not a rigorous estimate of course). I know that the Bible isn't about the humans themselves, but about their relationships with God. Why wasn't God interested in divinely inspiring a woman to write about her relationship with God then? Women are just as capable as men mentally, and if they were somehow less capable spiritually, then that would be cruel on God's part. Since the Bible doesn't say that they're less capable spiritually, then should we assume negligence on God's part?

For a God that can do literally anything, it seems He never took the time to expand on the story of a major female figure in the story of Israel and Judah. He was complacent with Israel's patriarchal society, both in the Bible's narrative and out of it.





December 03, 2020 at 11:54PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.