/u/Extraccount-13 on It bothers me that some people call heteroromantic aces “straight” when they don’t identify that way.

I deleted it today as well after I had this interaction with someone. It’s all because the user lives_in_a_society with hundreds of thousands of followers started to post about how heteroromantic asexuals shouldn’t be part of the lgbtq community as well as shitting on micro labels sayings it’s “privileged.” And if you looked through the comments, it’s just hundreds of people saying that asexuals aren’t valid, can’t be queer, don’t experience oppression (which they do- although different than other members of the community), saying that lgbtq is based off of who one is attracted to rather than how one experiences attraction, etc... It’s pretty terrible and almost made me cry because it’s so disheartening to see thousands of people invalidating entire sexuality’s and thinking it’s okay to exclude them from a community that prides themselves on inclusion and acceptance. It makes me just feel alone and misunderstood. So I guess that’s why I deleted tiktok is because I have no desire to listen to people invalidating who I am.

But yeah, I agree. People think that heteroromantic asexuals are straight when they are very much not.





December 01, 2020 at 11:53PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.