/u/tsumeeee on what do you think about everlasting love? or just love general!

i think it’s possible to have forever connections and love with beings, romantically or not. i’ve been through everything with my little brother, and i’d do anything for him bc he’s my OG best friend. the same goes for my pet, who’s also been with me through some pivotal points in my life (also view him as a best friend). same goes for my actual best friends who i’ve known for 12-14 years and still keep contact with. imo relationships are something you must constantly nurture. some people don’t have the patience or capacity to deal with conflicts or difficulties that might arise. ik i’ve given up on a lot of relationships i could’ve put more effort into just bc i was over dealing with them, but in my current romantic relationship we’ve tackled our conflicts in therapy, and have come out a lot stronger. ik my older family members have also gone to therapy with their S.O.s to work on their relationships, and love isn’t on a constant wavelength throughout the entirety of a relationship. one of my fave family members was with his wife for over eight years before proposing, so she had some serious patience for staying w/ him that long (and they were friends for many more years before that!!) with no sign of further commitment. obviously marriage isn’t the end-all, be-all, but you have to be putting in effort to make things work.





November 15, 2020 at 11:45PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.