/u/WhyDoIPretend on A friend posted this on FB

The cultural influence aspect is a good point. I’ve also known some who say it’s wrong because it isn’t natural - usually because it doesn’t fit with evolution, ie all sex is about procreation, and since homosexual sex can’t procreate it’s not natural. The reason that is illogical is that homosexual relationships occur in other species, it’s not just humans.

I still don’t understand the people who say anyone who doesn’t have kids is selfish... the world has plenty of people. And plenty of kids don’t have families. Why is adoption viewed as less than having biological children? And why the heck is someone who adopts regarded as compassionate for doing so? (As in, “oh you’re such a good person for deciding to take on a child that isn’t yours.”) Not that some people don’t adopt for “humanitarian” reasons... but I feel like that’s a selfish reason to adopt. These are generally the people who think you need blood ties for family to mean something and that you can’t love adopted children the same way you do a biological child.

Sorry, got a bit off topic in my rant, lol.





October 02, 2020 at 11:35PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.