/u/Kedoki-Senpai on A friend posted this on FB

Well as an atheist my perspective is that homophobia would have come from a similar place to whoever put it in the bible. An actual human being had to decide that being gay was a no go before putting it in the bible so whatever their reason was is probably still something that can happen.

Partial blame for current homophobia in non-religious people can probably also be placed on culture (influenced by religion) of the place they grew up and the people they spent time with.

I was actually protestant before becoming an atheist and when I was religious I was mildly homophobic (not to their face) but after becoming an atheist I slowly realised I had zero reason to be anymore so now I'm cool with it.





October 02, 2020 at 11:23PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.