/u/Kedoki-Senpai on A friend posted this on FB

On the opposite side of the coin there are anti-natalists so it sorta kinda maybe balances itself out there.

I'm on the fence on whether or not I'm an anti-natalist or not. I feel like adding more people is destructive to the world and condemning the child to life. I don't consider it a gift. I'm not suicidal (anymore) but I still don't think it's fair to bring a child into the world we live in. Any parent that thinks that their child has an obligation to them has it 100% backwards. A parent has obligations to the child because it was their decision and they should have to pay for that. Having a child is basically like life-rape. Unconsentually giving life.

The reason I'm on the fence is because I've been thinking about adopting (years away from that) but I have severe inattentive adhd and I'm afraid that if my kid doesn't have my genes I won't be able to connect with them in the same way. It's a lot easier for me to connect with other people who have adhd. But to add to the anti-natalist side of me it is even worse for me to give life specifically because there's a chance the kid will get my fucked up genes. So I don’t feel great about feeling that way but I have several years to think on it.





October 02, 2020 at 11:48PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.