/u/Laeli10 on I don't want to be the way I am

Being asexual doesn’t mean you can’t feel love, it just means you don’t have sexual attraction. You can still have sex and kiss if you want to (many asexuals are sex positive or sex neutral). Even if you are sex-repulsed, that does not mean you can’t have romantic love. And further, don’t devalue platonic love. It can be just as powerful - if not more - than romantic love. It’s hard because society puts so much stock into romantic relationships - but I promise you that regardless you can have a life filled with love and joy as an asexual person.

As for feeling normal - nobody is completely normal and that’s just the human condition. I do understand the want to have the same feelings as everyone else, and feeling a bit like an observer rather than a participant.





October 02, 2020 at 11:25PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.