/u/Mawngee on Question for my elder Aces

Here is some general life advice that I try to use when I get stressed about something.

Try to think about what aspects of being ace cause you stress, and if there are actions you can take to alleviate that stress. When you analyze what exactly is causing you stress, you need to label each as an internal pressure or an external pressure. I feel like natural characteristics, such as being ace, set our baseline for how we behave, but don't have to control our behavior.

If it's an internal pressure, you can work on adjusting your attitudes and actions to try to change your behavior. For example, if you are worried about being able to date, you can exert more effort until you find someone with whom you're compatible. Changing behaviors can be a slow process, so don't get frustrated.

If it's an external pressure, decide if you actually care about it, and if not, then try not to worry about it. Don't feel pressured that you have to date/marry/have sex by a certain age if that's not what you actually want. It's your life, it's up to you on how to decide to live it. It is possible to have good relationships that don't involve sex.

As you age and gain more experiences, you'll figure out better what you actually want in life, and it gets easier to filter out societal pressures. If you're of an age where you're still dependent on your parents, I feel like life is definitely better once you can control your own living conditions.





October 19, 2020 at 11:47PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.