/u/introspections_scary on Me, with ADHD and chronic depression, finding this subreddit and realizing I might be part of another group people don't think exists

Thanks, I'm not sure if loving cake and garlic bread is inherent to the asexual experience, but if it isn't I'm certainly not the exception. Two of the best things in the world.

I hope I'll heal from depression too, but it's not really clear. It seems to be a genetic thing for me more than circumstance. My grandmother committed suicide, my cousin used to self harm, and my mom was suicidal for years. My parents are divorced, and it was my dad's house that told me I really seem happy but even my mom was shocked. The good news is that antidepressants seem to work well for me, and I've experienced minimal side effects.

Thanks for the kind words, the welcome these comments have given me has been incredible. It's great to see so many people who have gone down similar paths in life and ended up happy. It never fails to amaze me how closely I can relate to random people on the internet without ever knowing their names.





September 22, 2020 at 11:42PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.