How do you differentiate someone flirting from someone who just wants to have sex?

I've come across a lot of guys while OLD who will make comments about my body or appearance in pictures and some comments are more forward while others feel more innocent. To be honest I don't even know if there is a difference between someone flirting and someone expressing that they want to have sex. I'm a bit lost in this area and need some clarity. Of course I always get around to asking some form of "what are you looking for" but I've learned that sometimes those answers aren't honest.

Currently, there are two guys I'm talking to and sometimes they'll throw innuendos into our conversations and I don't know if it's flirting or if they just want to see if I'll continue to play into the sexy talk and for that to develop into actual sex.

For example I told one of these guys that I had a bath before bed last night and he asked "where was my invitation?" A few days before that we were talking about his sleep issues and I started brainstorming some things that might help him. His response was along the lines of "some good sex, a fat blunt and some cuddles" In an earlier conversation he did express to me that he's looking for something meaningful and doesn't just want a hookup or one night stand. But I feel like the conversation is usually heavy on sex and less on getting to know each other.

Other guy is pretty balanced and will throw in messages about wanting to kiss and cuddle while still asking me how I'm doing and how my day is going.

I guess I'm wondering if it's normal to have this type of back and forth or does it come off as though they are more interested in something physical?



Submitted September 22, 2020 at 11:57PM

I've come across a lot of guys while OLD who will make comments about my body or appearance in pictures and some comments are more forward while others feel more innocent. To be honest I don't even know if there is a difference between someone flirting and someone expressing that they want to have sex. I'm a bit lost in this area and need some clarity. Of course I always get around to asking some form of "what are you looking for" but I've learned that sometimes those answers aren't honest.Currently, there are two guys I'm talking to and sometimes they'll throw innuendos into our conversations and I don't know if it's flirting or if they just want to see if I'll continue to play into the sexy talk and for that to develop into actual sex.For example I told one of these guys that I had a bath before bed last night and he asked "where was my invitation?" A few days before that we were talking about his sleep issues and I started brainstorming some things that might help him. His response was along the lines of "some good sex, a fat blunt and some cuddles" In an earlier conversation he did express to me that he's looking for something meaningful and doesn't just want a hookup or one night stand. But I feel like the conversation is usually heavy on sex and less on getting to know each other.Other guy is pretty balanced and will throw in messages about wanting to kiss and cuddle while still asking me how I'm doing and how my day is going.I guess I'm wondering if it's normal to have this type of back and forth or does it come off as though they are more interested in something physical?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.