/u/FashionableKitty on Random Flag mashup bot on Twitter gave me an idea to combine the ace flag with the flag of SFR Yugoslavia, so here's the result.

I... well... honestly, this makes me uncomfortable. Yugoslavia is such a recent thing and living here, seeing the flag fly again at the anti goverment protests, this just looks weird.

Currently we have huge debates whether it's appropriate to use the red star and other symbols of the old country as the symbols of anti establishment protests going on right now, because, well, 30 years ago the anti establishment protest were against Yugoslavia (and then the war started, and, yeah... You know what happened.) It's complicated is my point. This isn't a flag of, say, Prussia, something that already has a distance of history behind it. This is still alive and well and INCREDIBLY sensitive.





September 19, 2020 at 12:02AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.