/u/basedlizalfos on Any other Aegosexual people here? I’d like info

Can confirm, you're not alone!

Literally a day or so ago I asked a similar question along the lines of "What's the word for when you find fictional characters attractive but not real people?" and found out about aegosexuality thanks to some really helpful users. I'm sex-aversed, so I can't say I've had the exact same experience as you when it come to liking fictional characters, but I too never could "see myself with them" so much as I just really like their designs and personalities. I also fantasize about characters and even OCs of mine in relationships, but just emotional bonds and cuddling (and going on adventures/fighting epic monsters because that's always fun :p).

Also, I've had a very similar social experience too in terms of male friends, unfortunately... I'm nonbinary (AFAB), but I'm not out to anyone irl, and the only male friends I haven't lost due to them wanting more out of the relationship despite me telling them I'm asexual are the ones in my DnD group. It's really frustrating and saddening, and I still sometimes feel like I was responsible for the death of the friendship even despite me insisting I'm just not into that type of relationship... But at the same time, if you're friends with someone who can't seem to get past the fact they want to be more than friends with you and you don't feel that way about them (like, you still want to be just friends with them), it's probably not a very healthy relationship for either of you.

I'd also recommend checking out the definition for Lithromantic, since I think you might find it interesting. The final bullet point pretty much describes my sense of attraction towards fictional characters.





September 05, 2020 at 11:55PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.