/u/Britoz on Thank you to the user who came to bat for me against this aphobic comment on a post in relationship advice about an adult woman who recently discovered her asexuality, something I relate to very much. This was my first personal experience with aphobia. We are valid and we are not broken.

Can you imagine introducing yourself as female and someone saying "but have you had your hormones checked?".

They didn't say being female was a problem. They didn't ask your opinion. They just told you basic information about themselves.

Now imagine you get asked about your hormones every.single.time you introduce yourself. Especially in something as vulnerable and personal as being asexual.





August 14, 2020 at 12:03AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.