/u/alllbymyshelf on [Serious] For those who identify as Asexual -- is your identity experience more rooted in a lack of desire for sexual activity? Or a lack of attraction to either gender. Or something else entirely?

the split attraction model is commonly (but not always) used by aces and aros to further specify attraction. Most allo people have romantic and sexual attractions that line up, ace and aro people are more likely not to. So you could be a homoromantic asexual, an aromantic heterosexual, etc. To simplify for people outside of the community many of us will say lesbian/straight/gay ace because those terms are more understandable. So yes, sometimes a preference is added to the description of ace.

As for your other question, I'm an aromantic ace and to be honest, being ace feels like an extension of being aromantic for me. Because if I'm not into dating and romance in my mind there's no way I would ever make it to sex, and therefore sex is negligible to me. Like I just kinda don't care because I don't have to.





August 09, 2020 at 11:45PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.