Did I ask about commitment too soon?

Did I ask about commitment too soon?

I (33F) have been texting/ voice calling with a 39M for about 2 weeks now. One of the first messages he texted me was, “I don't have anything to hide or be ashamed of, I'll tell you anything you want to know.” And he’s been true to that and makes an effort to be transparent so far.

Anyway, after sending him a flirty message and him sending one back, I send him this piece of work:

“Ok, since you’ve been in a committed relationship for so long, do you feel the need to go out there and experience a lot of different people? Sometimes people need that to get it out of their system, which is totally fine. Just wondering where you are on that :D “

It’s been 2 hours since I sent the message, and lately he’s been pretty consistent in replying once a day or every 12ish hours.

He and I both came out of long term marriages (His 19yrs, mine 14 year)

Yesterday we talked for about an hour and a half about all kinds of things, he mentioned his experience in online dating is like “casting a net” and seeing if he finds the right one (not the exact wording, but something along those lines).

Side note, we haven’t met in person yet but are making plans to at the end of this month. (He lives 9 hours away).

I always freak out and over analyze this stuff. Let me know what you think......



Submitted August 09, 2020 at 10:13PM

Did I ask about commitment too soon?I (33F) have been texting/ voice calling with a 39M for about 2 weeks now. One of the first messages he texted me was, “I don't have anything to hide or be ashamed of, I'll tell you anything you want to know.” And he’s been true to that and makes an effort to be transparent so far.Anyway, after sending him a flirty message and him sending one back, I send him this piece of work:“Ok, since you’ve been in a committed relationship for so long, do you feel the need to go out there and experience a lot of different people? Sometimes people need that to get it out of their system, which is totally fine. Just wondering where you are on that :D “It’s been 2 hours since I sent the message, and lately he’s been pretty consistent in replying once a day or every 12ish hours.He and I both came out of long term marriages (His 19yrs, mine 14 year)Yesterday we talked for about an hour and a half about all kinds of things, he mentioned his experience in online dating is like “casting a net” and seeing if he finds the right one (not the exact wording, but something along those lines).Side note, we haven’t met in person yet but are making plans to at the end of this month. (He lives 9 hours away).I always freak out and over analyze this stuff. Let me know what you think......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.