/u/AceOfManyYears on My best friend keeps invalidating me n i am trying not to cry rn bc im in public :') i actually had a good day today n now i feel so bad....

And if your friend actually wants to learn, I can explain to them why you don’t hear much about older aces.

It’s only been about 20 years since asexuals started any kind of effective educational or informational campaigns. For us older aces, 20 years wasn’t that long ago. I was in my 40s before I first heard of it. I always was ace, I just didn’t know anyone else was, and I didn’t know there was a name for it.

Most aces my age are in the closet so deeply they don’t even know there is a closet. They think if they say anything people will think they’re crazy and broken. Educate older people about asexuality, and we’ll start popping up all over the place.





August 26, 2020 at 11:49PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.