/u/whatjanesays on Mom of asexual daughter need advice on female health issue

I've also suffered with similar pains during my menstrual cycle from my teen years on. While every case is unique many issues can be diagnosed without that level of physical exam, particularly for someone that young. Typically these kind of symptoms originate from hormone issues or even some thyroid issues. It could be as simple as a few blood tests or an ultrasound.

As with all medical issues it's important to find the doctor that understands what the patient needs. If your daughter is concerned with the potential physical exams then you have to have a doctor that will respect that. It's also important to remember that many times an exact, definitive diagnosis isn't necessary to help her symptoms! The goal always has to be about making your daughter feel better and manage her health.

From a personal perspective I'm in my late 30s and have "suspected" PCOS/polycystic ovary syndrome. I've never opted to have the physical exam because there is no real diagnosis criteria with PCOS (like many hormonal issues). My doctor concerns herself with monitoring my specific symptoms and it's been a great relationship for both my physical and mental health.





July 14, 2020 at 11:36PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.