/u/TK_Sleepytime on Mom of asexual daughter need advice on female health issue

You're a good mom! She may be able to get some tests before an invasive gyne exam. I'm not sex repulsed but I am autistic and have sensory issues. Something that helped me was learning exactly what the exam was going to include and going to a place that taught me how to do a visual exam on myself and then allowed me to insert and remove a plastic (not metal) speculum that I was allowed to warm up in my hands first. That control over the harshest part of the exam put me much more at ease. Having a female doctor was also important. I hope she will get the blood test at the very least and finds a doctor that will be patient and explain things to her and give her time to be comfortable.





July 14, 2020 at 11:48PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.