/u/Grouchy_Oranges on I'm confused

Woo! Okay my head is spinning. So, thing is in my head I kind of like the idea of a relationship with physical affection like holding hands and stuff, but if I start to think about what i would actually be comfortable with/do in real life I'm less keen on it. Also that's a really helpful way to put it- people always say, like "if you want to have sex with them that's romantic/sexual attraction, and if you don't then it's platonic" but I've always taken issue with that because I don't know that I'm sex-repused per se but it's not something that's a priority for me, and it isn't a framework that I use to look at my personal relationships. As for affection with friends...? That's also hard to answer because I don't know if I'm just not a touchy person or if I just don't have that kind of friendship with anyone or if I've got some sort of aversion to touch (which I kinda do) I guess I don't exactly mind stuff like hugs if I've known someone a lot time/ am really close with them, but I don't like to initiate them so I guess it's more so that I tolerate them. Maybe I just have trust issues??

I know this answer is a mess sorry! For clarity: 1. Maybe 2. Not really, physical affection makes me feel crowded, and I prefer just talking.

Also thank you, I really appreciate your help.





July 06, 2020 at 11:38PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.