/u/-Honey-Jack- on How have you (if at all) figured yourself out?

From high school, I knew that my experience of sexuality was different than my friends, who were straight. But at the same time, I didn’t feel like I was gay either. In college I learned there were more labels than just gay and straight. I didn’t identify with the asexual label until I read some personal stories on AVEN about what other asexuals felt/experienced as they were growing up and discovering their sexuality. I was like, “Oh, that’s me! These people are like me!” I related to those stories more than I related any allo experiences I knew from my friends, or from TV and books. But to be honest, it took about 3 years to really accept that part of myself. It was a process of going from “maybe I’m kind of ace” to “I’m probably ace” to “yup, I for sure am ace, I should buy a flag”.

TLDR: I eased into the label, like getting into a pool real slow, getting used to the water inch by inch





July 06, 2020 at 11:44PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.