Was my(20M) friend(21F) hitting on me?

I am reposting this because I didn’t really get many opinions on here, and I want to know what other people think before I ask her out. I’m planning to ask her out sometime in the near future.

For context, me and this girl are friends, but I would not consider us close friends. We had a class together last Fall, we talked some in there. I ended up not taking the second class in the sequence this spring, I put it off till this Fall. So I haven’t really seen or spoken to her much this semester, as we have different schedules. Seen her 2-3 times around campus this semester, spoke once for a min or two on the way to class.

Anyway, a few weeks ago I messaged her asking how many hours she had shadowing a doctor, because she’s applying to medical school and I want to too, but I haven’t started shadowing yet. That’s how the conversation started.

We talk a little, I ask her what medical school she wants to go to. She says (school) and I ask her why that school, tell her I’ll need to research the school more because I don’t know much about it. She tells me about it, and says, “If we both go to (school) I will see you there!” I told her that would be great if we both went to the same school.

We talked a little more, then somehow my schedule came up for the upcoming semester. She said, kind of out of the blue, “I missed having you in Physics lab! And I’m gonna vote for you and (mutual friend) for SGA.”

I said, “Yeah me too, I guess it’s been a while since we’ve seen each other in person, hasn’t it? Thanks for your support!”

She said, “I’m glad you’ve seen me as support! I feel the same. We’ve always been able to discuss classes and plans together” I thought that kind of sounded, I don’t know, out of place? There may be an adjective that I’ll think of later.

Also, during this conversation she friends me on Facebook. Like in the middle of it. I’m thinking she deliberately looked me up, because I HIGHLY doubt she was on it during our conversation and my profile suddenly popped up on the suggested friends list. Then she liked my post about running for SGA, that’s how she knew I was running. She’s been liking every post I make or share on Facebook, but I really don’t post that often.

Also, after I was elected in SGA, she remembered and texted me congratulations. I thought that was nice.

Those are just some of the things I told my friend, which he said he thought she was “throwing hints”.

Obviously there was more to the conversation, those are just a few things we said.

I told my friend about the “missed you” text and the other stuff, and he thought she was coming onto me. Am I oblivious or was my other friend assuming too much?

I just felt like something was off with her wording, she didn’t really talk like that to me in class.



Submitted May 28, 2020 at 11:52PM

I am reposting this because I didn’t really get many opinions on here, and I want to know what other people think before I ask her out. I’m planning to ask her out sometime in the near future.For context, me and this girl are friends, but I would not consider us close friends. We had a class together last Fall, we talked some in there. I ended up not taking the second class in the sequence this spring, I put it off till this Fall. So I haven’t really seen or spoken to her much this semester, as we have different schedules. Seen her 2-3 times around campus this semester, spoke once for a min or two on the way to class.Anyway, a few weeks ago I messaged her asking how many hours she had shadowing a doctor, because she’s applying to medical school and I want to too, but I haven’t started shadowing yet. That’s how the conversation started.We talk a little, I ask her what medical school she wants to go to. She says (school) and I ask her why that school, tell her I’ll need to research the school more because I don’t know much about it. She tells me about it, and says, “If we both go to (school) I will see you there!” I told her that would be great if we both went to the same school.We talked a little more, then somehow my schedule came up for the upcoming semester. She said, kind of out of the blue, “I missed having you in Physics lab! And I’m gonna vote for you and (mutual friend) for SGA.”I said, “Yeah me too, I guess it’s been a while since we’ve seen each other in person, hasn’t it? Thanks for your support!”She said, “I’m glad you’ve seen me as support! I feel the same. We’ve always been able to discuss classes and plans together” I thought that kind of sounded, I don’t know, out of place? There may be an adjective that I’ll think of later.Also, during this conversation she friends me on Facebook. Like in the middle of it. I’m thinking she deliberately looked me up, because I HIGHLY doubt she was on it during our conversation and my profile suddenly popped up on the suggested friends list. Then she liked my post about running for SGA, that’s how she knew I was running. She’s been liking every post I make or share on Facebook, but I really don’t post that often.Also, after I was elected in SGA, she remembered and texted me congratulations. I thought that was nice.Those are just some of the things I told my friend, which he said he thought she was “throwing hints”.Obviously there was more to the conversation, those are just a few things we said.I told my friend about the “missed you” text and the other stuff, and he thought she was coming onto me. Am I oblivious or was my other friend assuming too much?I just felt like something was off with her wording, she didn’t really talk like that to me in class.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.