Older guys don’t take me seriously because of my age

Why is it that older guys will sleep with me but don’t take me (22F) seriously as a potential partner?

I was sleeping with this guy (30M) for a while and we ended up becoming friends. He admitted to me that the reason he wouldn’t date me is because of my age. (I’m not interested in him romantically, I was just wondering about this concept in general and asked him about it.) I know he’s telling the truth. If that’s true, why is it okay to sleep with someone you view as too young?

The guy I’m currently dating (26M) told his therapist I’m 23. It’s making me feel insecure about my age.

Aren’t I supposed to be so glad to be 22? This has me wishing I was 25 so guys would see me as a person and not a piece of meat. All thoughts and feedback welcome!



Submitted May 20, 2020 at 12:10AM

Why is it that older guys will sleep with me but don’t take me (22F) seriously as a potential partner?I was sleeping with this guy (30M) for a while and we ended up becoming friends. He admitted to me that the reason he wouldn’t date me is because of my age. (I’m not interested in him romantically, I was just wondering about this concept in general and asked him about it.) I know he’s telling the truth. If that’s true, why is it okay to sleep with someone you view as too young?The guy I’m currently dating (26M) told his therapist I’m 23. It’s making me feel insecure about my age.Aren’t I supposed to be so glad to be 22? This has me wishing I was 25 so guys would see me as a person and not a piece of meat. All thoughts and feedback welcome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.