/u/SirWigglesTheLesser on (Mild aphobia, not even sure it is) Posted a thing to my story where I said “are straight people okay???” and my friend responded like this. Unsure how to feel now, though

Wikipedia is not going to be the best source for this. While I typically hate to use the argument "anyone can edit wikipedia" it's true. An edit like that is going to fly under the radar because people believe it. Some heteroromantic asexuals (such as yourself, apparently) identify as straight but many don't. Those who don't typically have been harmed, in some form or fashion, by a heteronormative society.

Nobody wants to be hurt for being different, but those of us who are seek a community. Heteroromantic asexuals are as queer as anyone else in our community and can wear their labels however they please. And you can take that to the bank from this aromantic asexual trans man who once identified as a heteroromantic asexual woman but still wasn't straight.





April 29, 2020 at 12:23AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.