Everyone says not to search for happiness in other people, but how to actually know if you are not relying on someone else for happiness?

I have read so many blogposts and reddit posts from people telling the readers to not search for our happiness in others.

Though the concept itself is extremely clear to me, the execution of this principle seems to be rather lacking in my personal life. Especially considering I am still in the aftermath of an emotional breakup which ended because we relied too much on each other for happiness.

Now that I am venturing back into the dating scene I am wondering: how to tell whether you are relying on someone else for happiness? Or whether you are intrinsically, completely happy because of you.

Thank you, kind redditors ❤️ stay safe and inside



Submitted April 19, 2020 at 11:43PM

I have read so many blogposts and reddit posts from people telling the readers to not search for our happiness in others.Though the concept itself is extremely clear to me, the execution of this principle seems to be rather lacking in my personal life. Especially considering I am still in the aftermath of an emotional breakup which ended because we relied too much on each other for happiness.Now that I am venturing back into the dating scene I am wondering: how to tell whether you are relying on someone else for happiness? Or whether you are intrinsically, completely happy because of you.Thank you, kind redditors ❤️ stay safe and inside

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.