Unsure on if it’s going 2B

She’s going through a lot of personal growth, dealing with life situations, some of which I’ve encountered in my own time. She told me she needed a friend more than anything, I’ve been doing my best to be just that, being the listening ear, the advice when she needs it, the one that brings up different topics to keep her mind at ease when she needs to think about other things, sending her music when she needs to free her mind from her thoughts, making the corny joke to hopefully get a smile that’s only born out of pity for my stale humour.

I want her to deal with the situations she feels need priority, I can’t find it in myself to throw my name into the mix and act like I’m more important than her own struggles.

She knows I want her, I truly believe a part of her wants me too, she’s hesitant to open up to me about the idea of us, and I don’t blame her for being apprehensive in a world where people take advantage of the emotionally vulnerable.

I want her to be happy on her own before she even considers me.

I don’t want to overwhelm her with support as I understand these are battles that deserve to be taken at one’s own pace.

Sometimes I go days without hearing from her, and I’m okay with that. I just want to know if she wants me to wait, or if she’s going to a place that doesn’t require me by her side.

I always convince myself it’d be too much if I asked her, my mind is my own worst enemy when it comes to trying to be a supportive significant other.

At the end of the day, I’ve known her for years, I’ve always had a thing for her, but didn’t get involved in her life until last June. I always thought she was beautiful, but then she starting showing me her soul, and I realized there was so much more to this woman that I wanted to learn about.

There was never a part of me that wanted anything for her other than happiness. If I can be a positive light in her journey to self happiness, that’s all I’d ever need in return. I want her to be happy, even if that means a life without me.



Submitted November 19, 2019 at 11:55PM

She’s going through a lot of personal growth, dealing with life situations, some of which I’ve encountered in my own time. She told me she needed a friend more than anything, I’ve been doing my best to be just that, being the listening ear, the advice when she needs it, the one that brings up different topics to keep her mind at ease when she needs to think about other things, sending her music when she needs to free her mind from her thoughts, making the corny joke to hopefully get a smile that’s only born out of pity for my stale humour.I want her to deal with the situations she feels need priority, I can’t find it in myself to throw my name into the mix and act like I’m more important than her own struggles.She knows I want her, I truly believe a part of her wants me too, she’s hesitant to open up to me about the idea of us, and I don’t blame her for being apprehensive in a world where people take advantage of the emotionally vulnerable.I want her to be happy on her own before she even considers me.I don’t want to overwhelm her with support as I understand these are battles that deserve to be taken at one’s own pace.Sometimes I go days without hearing from her, and I’m okay with that. I just want to know if she wants me to wait, or if she’s going to a place that doesn’t require me by her side.I always convince myself it’d be too much if I asked her, my mind is my own worst enemy when it comes to trying to be a supportive significant other.At the end of the day, I’ve known her for years, I’ve always had a thing for her, but didn’t get involved in her life until last June. I always thought she was beautiful, but then she starting showing me her soul, and I realized there was so much more to this woman that I wanted to learn about.There was never a part of me that wanted anything for her other than happiness. If I can be a positive light in her journey to self happiness, that’s all I’d ever need in return. I want her to be happy, even if that means a life without me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.