/u/dbhudson5 on This is my asexual (+ aromantic?) experience and I wonder who else feels similarly

Thanks for sharing man! I'm a 26 M and my story's a little different. I've actually had 3 girlfriends (and had sex with them) all between the ages of 19-24, but I'm an extra special unicorn because I also had a major alcohol problem during those years of my life haha So, I was drunk every time we ever did anything.

I got sober about 2 years ago and I haven't had a girlfriend or sex, or even a desire since then. I just recently started questioning it all this myself, but it kind of fits. I was drunk (or at least had been drinking) when I got together with all 3 of them. And they were the ones who sought out to date me (and broke up with me).

I think that I've gotten tripped up the most when it comes to things like aesthetic and sensual attractions vs sexual attraction. I can definitely say, when face to face with a women, I can find her attractive and depending on, how close we are, I might even say I'm sensually attracted to her. But, I don't think I ever experience sexually attraction.

I still don't know were I fall on the spectrum, but I think somewhere between completely asexual and demi. I don't know. I've just been going with Grey-Ace and it's working for me.

All that to say, there's definitely nothing for you to feel ashamed about. If anything, in my experience, it just makes me that much more confessed about all of it.





October 23, 2019 at 12:03AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.