[M32] I feel like a terrible human being but the older I get the less I feel attracted to "ageing" women. Is something wrong with me?

Long story short, I'm just a normal guy like many others.

Have had my LTRs, friends-with-benefits and one night stands.

When I was younger I definitely had no problems with 30+ women and found them very attractive (more in media than irl).

But now that I actually date 30+ women...I just find them less and less attractive...The skin, the fitness of the body, the face, every major sign of ageing is a turn off for me.

As a result I have found myself dating mostly women between 24 and 30, because that's the type of woman that attracts me more. Younger than 24 starts becoming difficult as I honestly start feeling too much age difference, and 18-22 women generally just don't turn me on mentally.

I have had a LTR with a woman 2 years younger than me and as she started getting close to 30 and it started to slowly show month after month on her body...I started feeling less and less attracted.

It honestly felt painful. I couldn't but judge myself for being a material and shallow person. I loved deeply that woman with all of my heart, her getting older was definitely not a major factor in our crumbling relationship...but our lack of sex was and her appearance was indeed a factor in it (even tho I wouldn't say a major one). In fact she said that our lack of sex in the last 18 months of our relationship was the biggest factor in our breakup. Should be noted that she's still very gorgeous and attractive. I have the same problem with women my age or a bit younger..

I am now deeply scared of LTRs. I am dating a woman 6 years younger than me, she's 26, and everything's fine, but I'm so scared of committing to her due to this sexual problem I have..What if I spend years with her and then start losing interest. I don't want to make her lose time and energies in a relationship that's potentially flawed from the start due to my sexual inclinations.

I know many will judge and label me, but I'm sincerely coming here for nothing else than help, but I fear that "logic" won't help here. Yes I know I age myself. Yes I know that LTRs are more than sex and physical attraction. But all of that logic won't change how my hormones react to women..

I am deeply scared I'll be alone due to that, that I can't commit to a woman.

I know there are things like open relationships..But I'm not into that kind of relationship. I just want to be with one person and have sex only with her. Love to me is also commitment and fidelity..

I'm just so confused by all of this, I didn't decide to be like that or to have such sexual inclinations towards younger women.

Anybody has any input or could share his/her experience on the matter?

TL;DR: I have problems being attracted to women 30+ which scares me I won't be able to commit to a person for the rest of my life and I'm looking for help. It already caused me problems with a woman I was living with and I wanted to marry. I'm also not in open relationships, which rules out having sex only with younger women..



Submitted October 23, 2019 at 12:02AM

Long story short, I'm just a normal guy like many others.Have had my LTRs, friends-with-benefits and one night stands.When I was younger I definitely had no problems with 30+ women and found them very attractive (more in media than irl).But now that I actually date 30+ women...I just find them less and less attractive...The skin, the fitness of the body, the face, every major sign of ageing is a turn off for me.As a result I have found myself dating mostly women between 24 and 30, because that's the type of woman that attracts me more. Younger than 24 starts becoming difficult as I honestly start feeling too much age difference, and 18-22 women generally just don't turn me on mentally.I have had a LTR with a woman 2 years younger than me and as she started getting close to 30 and it started to slowly show month after month on her body...I started feeling less and less attracted.It honestly felt painful. I couldn't but judge myself for being a material and shallow person. I loved deeply that woman with all of my heart, her getting older was definitely not a major factor in our crumbling relationship...but our lack of sex was and her appearance was indeed a factor in it (even tho I wouldn't say a major one). In fact she said that our lack of sex in the last 18 months of our relationship was the biggest factor in our breakup. Should be noted that she's still very gorgeous and attractive. I have the same problem with women my age or a bit younger..I am now deeply scared of LTRs. I am dating a woman 6 years younger than me, she's 26, and everything's fine, but I'm so scared of committing to her due to this sexual problem I have..What if I spend years with her and then start losing interest. I don't want to make her lose time and energies in a relationship that's potentially flawed from the start due to my sexual inclinations.I know many will judge and label me, but I'm sincerely coming here for nothing else than help, but I fear that "logic" won't help here. Yes I know I age myself. Yes I know that LTRs are more than sex and physical attraction. But all of that logic won't change how my hormones react to women..I am deeply scared I'll be alone due to that, that I can't commit to a woman.I know there are things like open relationships..But I'm not into that kind of relationship. I just want to be with one person and have sex only with her. Love to me is also commitment and fidelity..I'm just so confused by all of this, I didn't decide to be like that or to have such sexual inclinations towards younger women.Anybody has any input or could share his/her experience on the matter?TL;DR: I have problems being attracted to women 30+ which scares me I won't be able to commit to a person for the rest of my life and I'm looking for help. It already caused me problems with a woman I was living with and I wanted to marry. I'm also not in open relationships, which rules out having sex only with younger women..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.