How do you improve communication in a relationship?

General question, if answered elsewhere please guide me.

A lot of the advice on here is very much based around the idea of getting improved communication, but how?

I know most of my relationships have had poor communication, and any issues that come up are either brushed aside or under the rug. Or even worse sometimes unilaterally considered non-issues but one partner. So how does one go about fixing this.

This can vary widely person to person but as a general rule what should one be trying, doing, and not doing.

Thanks!



Submitted October 01, 2019 at 11:37PM

General question, if answered elsewhere please guide me.A lot of the advice on here is very much based around the idea of getting improved communication, but how?I know most of my relationships have had poor communication, and any issues that come up are either brushed aside or under the rug. Or even worse sometimes unilaterally considered non-issues but one partner. So how does one go about fixing this.This can vary widely person to person but as a general rule what should one be trying, doing, and not doing.Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.